The OBC has received the following email from Beth Houlbrooke, Local Chair of the Rodney Local Board … and it is important that you have your say!
The website linked below goes live tomorrow, for one month, for information and submissions on the Ten Year Budget for Auckland Council, including the Rodney Local Board’s proposals. We also have two public Have Your Say events:
Wednesday, 7 March Helensville War Memorial Hall 6.00 – 8.30 pm
Tuesday, 13 March Wellsford District Community Centre 6.00 – 8.30 pm
These are not drop-in sessions. They are for round table discussions and feedback. Although neither are being held in the Warkworth area, you are welcome to come to either of them.
We have chosen these locations for our Have Your Say events because they are often under-represented in submissions. I find that the Warkworth area groups are far more engaged. I and other members will try to get around to all our local community organisations to answer questions, but we can’t possibly do them all, so please contact me if you have any questions.
There are no printed forms other than what will be in the Our Auckland mailer which goes to residential addresses. However it does not have the detailed Rodney Local Board information in it, as it’s only a generic form. To see the RLB priority questions and information on the transport targeted rate, please open the attachment and go on line to make your submission.
Beth Houlbrooke | Elected Member
Chair – Rodney Local Board
The Long Term Plan (LTP) consultation period has commenced today, 28th February 2018. Feedback must be received back by the Council by 8pm 28th March 2018.
At this website you will be able to access:
- The consultation document (across 21 local boards including regional matters)
- The supporting document (including the local boards information – Rodney is page 315)
- The targeted rate attachment info in the supporting document (page 415)
For ease of reference we have attached the supporting information for Rodney and the targeted rate attachment (as one document).
Please note that the printed submission form in OurAuckland includes only one local question. For a list of the five local consultation questions the form must be filled in online at the above link. The questions (in the supporting document) for Rodney are:
- Have we got our priorities right?
- Do you support the completion of a masterplan (concept plan) for the future reserve at Green Road, Dairy Flat?
- Do you support the local board contributing funding to the design of the future multisport building at the Warkworth Showgrounds?
- Do you support the local board’s continued focus on funding and supporting community projects to improve our town centres?
- Do you support the local board contributing funding to construct a local indoor court facility at Huapai Domain?
- Do you support the introduction of an annual targeted rate of $150 per dwelling or business premise to bring forward improvements in transport services and infrastructure in Rodney earlier than currently planned?