All dog owners please take note of the Rodney wide dog access rules, which apply to Omaha Beach:
For the summer period, from Labour Weekend to 1 March , dogs are banned from the beach between 10am to 6.30pm. However, dogs are allowed on the beach before 10am and after 6.30pm, but must be under control.
Please ensure that you always carry enough poop bags for your dog and dispose of them in the concrete bins or your private bin at home. Please DO NOT LEAVE the bags on the beach, or walkways, otherwise you could be liable for a $500 fine. Rangers do monitor Omaha Beach.
From the council website:
The Rodney Local Board considered more than 170 submissions before making a final decision.
- Buckletons Beach and Jamieson Bay are to be under control off-leash beaches at all times.
- A time and season rule applies to 11 beach areas in the Rodney Local Board area:
- Labour day weekend to 1 March: 10am-6.30pm prohibited, otherwise, off a leash
- 2 March to Friday before Labour day weekend: off a leash at all times
- Wildlife protection rules have been applied to the northern section of Snells Beach.
- At Snells Beach (southern section) and Algies Bay an additional rule for the parks adjacent to the beaches has been applied to support public safety and comfort concerns.