Auckland Council and the Rodney Local Board have advised the following:
Kia ora katou,
This email is to notify you that a small programme of improvement works will be commencing around the 24th November on footpaths and their road connections, towards the northern end of the Omaha peninsula.
Progressive works to improve the footpaths north of the surf club has been underway for a couple of years now. A review of previously completed works highlighted the need to enhance accessibility through barrier removal and the review of road connections. Older sections of narrow footpaths are progressively being reviewed and included into future programs of sectional renewal. Low-speed road environments where good visibility is afforded will now see the removal of physical barriers at footpath entrances
Works planned to be undertaken include;
- Removal of a number of barriers to foot-path access; where previously retained
- Removal of stormwater ponding at identified points of road connection
- Gradient improvements at key points to improve accessibility
- Installation bollards to reduce vehicle access to the footpath network
- Installation and replacement of a number of footpath signs
Works will be ongoing through December with a target finish on the 22nd December. There are multiple small sites across this area which at times will impact some pedestrian access. While each site will only have 2-3 days closure, safe access around the works will be afforded as much as possible.