The OBC Committee recently met with our key Auckland Council contacts about ongoing maintenance at Omaha, especially when the Council budget is under even more pressure than usual.
The bottom line for Omaha residents is that we should continue to actively notify Council about any problems with a full expectation that they will be attended to by Council contractors, especially any issues related to safety. We were also advised that Council has taken increased responsibility for the maintenance of walkways. gardens, etc from Auckland Transport.
Contact the Council on 09 301 0101, email@example.com or go to “Report a Problem” at www.aucklandcouncil.govt.nz
If there is an issue in getting any reasonable request attended to by Council then please contact OBC at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Over the last 12 months or so, we have made good progress with Council and/or are planning work on areas including:
- repairing and tidying the wooden walkways (No.s 2, 3 and 4)
- a revamp of the boat ramp carpark
- a combined strategy for controlling and progressively removing unwanted plants such as gorse, ice plant, etc
- fixing major breakages in the concrete walkways, especially in the area between Broadlands and Blue Bell
- replacement of trees that died in the drought of the 2019-20 summer
- repair of railings on southern dunes walkway
- water blasting of the boat ramp
- installation of anti-dumping signs at Archies Park