There has been some pleasing progress on a couple of traffic concerns recently.
Causeway – after the lowering of the speed limit on the causeway to 60km/h last year, OBC has continued to lobby Auckland Transport for the deployment of an electronic speed sign to encourage compliance by motorists and we have now had confirmation from them that this will be implemented. Details in terms of location, timeframe, etc are still to be confirmed but we would hope that the sign will be in place before the busy period over summer.
Hill St – along with other community groups around the district, OBC lent its full, written support to the lobbying of the Auckland Council Planning Committee by the Mahurangi district to approve the allocation of 25% of the cost of the proposed rebuild of the Hill St intersection and we were delighted that the committee gave the go-ahead earlier this month. The remaining 75% should now be committed by NZTA and then, just perhaps, we may finally be getting near a resolution of this long term traffic nightmare!
See Local Matters for more details.